GOLDEN Colour Pouring Medium (Formally GAC800) is compatible with most acrylic paints and mediums used for acrylic pouring. GOLDEN Colour Pouring Mediums Resists “Crazing” (formation of crevices or valleys on an acrylic pour surface from uneven drying) better than any other acrylic mediums.
An excellent starting point for blending CPMs with paint is 10 parts CPM to 1 part paint. This ratio helps reduce the overall differences between each paint mixture, which results on uniform pours with clean borders between each mixture. Poured paint layers are fairly thick and therefore slow-drying by nature. They also tend to be greatly effected by movement, unevenness, temperature, humidity, floating dust, and air movement. Take the time to identify potential issues and reduce or eliminate them as much as possible.
- Resists “Crazing” (formation of crevices or valleys on an acrylic pour surface from uneven drying) better than other acrylic mediums. (https://www.justpaint.org/defining-the-difference-between-a-crack-and-a-craze/ ).
- Dries to a glossy, flexible, and level finish with moderate clarity.
- Not intended to be used alone as a clear layer, topcoat or varnish.
- Use as a paint extender for pours or puddles.
- As little as 20:1 medium to paint can be used for colour glazes, or increase the paint amount to 3:1 (medium to paint) for more opaque colour layers.
- May be applied in wet film thickness up to 3 mm.
- Mixtures should be premixed and allowed to sit overnight before use, and may be stored for future use (in properly labeled, tightly sealed HDPE plastic containers).
- Formally GAC800 Pouring Medium