Art to Art’s range of art canvas accessories come at affordable prices, to suit all art levels. We stock a variety of tools including traditional frame and canvas hangers, hanging wire, canvas pliers and more! Whether you’re a beginner or professional artist, we have the heavy-duty tools to help you speed up the process. Our easy to use tools help while creating and hanging your masterpiece.
To prevent cracking and damage during the artistic journey, buy canvas accessories online today and get free shipping when you spend over $100. Same day dispatch Australia-wide and pay later with Afterpay. Looking for more canvas accessories? We also stock art canvas, canvas stretcher bars and easels.
Do you need canvas pliers?
If you’re looking to stretch canvas, we recommend you invest in a pair of canvas stretching pliers. This heavy-duty tool ensures that your canvas will be properly stretched upon your frame, without the worry of paint cracking.
How do you stretch canvas on a frame?
If you have the right tools, canvas stretching can be a simple process. We’ve outlined the steps below:
1. You will need a spray bottle, gesso and grounds primer, canvas pliers and a staple gun
2. Cut the canvas to be 18cm wider than the frame
3. Centre your frame on top of the canvas
4. Stretch the longest sides of the canvas over the frame with the pliers and staple to the wood
5. You can apply the water, which helps to tighten the canvas
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5
7. Fold the corners and staple
8. You’re all done!
What kind of hooks do you use for canvas?
It is entirely up to you! Art to Art stocks a variety of heavy duty D-ring hangers with prepositioned holes to easily screw and hang your canvas. We also stock durable hanging wire, which fits through the D-ring holes, for a contemporary look.