Or 4 easy payments of $14.99 with info
Art Spectrum rabbit skin glue acts as an excellent sizing for preparing canvas as well as an adhesive. Rabbit Skin Glue is used to size canvas or linen before oil painting in order to coat and protect the fibers from deterioration caused by the oxidation of linseed oil that would otherwise penetrate the fibers. Rabbit Skin Glue will tighten the fabric as well as make it stiff.
- Genuine rabbit skin glue
- A traditional ground for oil painting
- Excellent sizing and adhesive for preparing canvas
- Protects fibers from deterioration caused by the oxidation
- dissolve 8 level tablespoons of rabbit skin glue in 1 litre of cold water. Soak until all the water has been absorbed by the glue to a porridge consistency, (1 hour or overnight).
- Stir and heat gently in a double boiler until the glue dissolves (do not boil the glue).
- Apply when still warm (not hot) with a stiff brush onto stretched linen or cotton duck.
- Size acts as a penetrating liquid to fill the pores of the canvas and to isolate the fabric from subsequent applications of primer and oil paint.
Customers who bought this item also bought