Ampersand Clayboards are the ultimate mixed media panel! Clayboard is Archival and acid-free, created by applying Ampersand's patented, archival kaolin clay ground to a True Artist Hardbord substrate, then sanding it to a velvet-smooth, absorbent finish. Ampersand Clayboard is ideal for ink, watercolour, gouache, acrylic, casein, egg tempera, airbrush , collage, photo-transfer, pencil, and pen. The highly responsive surface is perfect for thinly applying and removing colours. You can even scratch through it to add contrast, texture, and fine details. Paint colours remain true and brilliant. Made from sustainable forest products that ensure the protection of wildlife, plants, soil, and water, Claybord is formaldehyde-free and contains no harmful volatile organic compounds.
- Acid-free, ultra-smooth, highly absorbent kaolin clay ground
- Archival, eco-friendly and fully made in the USA
- Amazing with alcohol inks
- Protected by Ampersand’s proprietary Archiva-Seal barrier technology, the most advanced formula for sealing wood
- Ideal for Ink, graphite, acrylic, gouache, collage, Alcohol Inks, airbrush, scratchboard, and more.
- Ideal for image transfers and as a printing surface